Perhaps

Had cell group meeting today and had so many thoughts. I'll just randomly ramble on one of them...

As Pauline mentioned how as a young Christian she'd be struck be certain verses and would meditate on them, I found myself coming back to 4 words in Romans 1, The Message translation.

"All lust, no love."

When I read that a couple of months ago, I pondered upon it for a long while before texting a couple of my friends this:

"What is lust?"

And had a variety of responses, some of which were rather thought-provoking (that shall be a blog post for another day).

Perhaps the people Paul were referring to were consumed with lust. Perhaps their problem wasn't sex with people of the same gender, but that it was devoid of love. That may sound a bit far out for some conservative Christians, but I think it's a very valid interpretation.

And so I wondered...

Popular posts from this blog

Why a gay Christian would transit from a liberal church to a conservative one

Why a gay person gets sad when attending traditional weddings