Romans 1, Psalm 37, and a blog post

Been reading Romans 1 quite a bit as I spent time with God and I felt Him urge me to read it. As a result, I feel like I'm gravitating toward Side B more than ever before.

--------------------------------------------------

Today at church, I felt very strongly that God was telling me to stay in this church, in this spiritual family I was planted in regardless of whatever happened and whoever wanted to push me out.

All this as the preacher (Phil Pringle) was talking about Psalm 37:3-5 which is reproduced below:

Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.

Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.

Which is great advice. Thank you Lord. But it made me wonder if I was imagining things or if it was truly the voice of God. Which you will find is a running theme in my blog. Anyway, I'm prepared, so I'll try to stay rooted in this church that I have find myself planted in. Come hell or high water. And hopefully this blog post will serve to remind me of this day in which the Lord has spoken to me.

--------------------------------------------------

Just chanced upon a blog by some guy on Twitter and it was such a word in season reading a post by him. The main takeaway was that we are to put Christ in place of our infatuations. Considering that I've had 7 major crushes in 5 years, I think it's quite appropriate for me. Like the author said, if we are willing to spend 3 hours getting to know a crush, what more Jesus, who should be our One True Love.

Thank you Kenji for writing that post 3 years ago. It really resonates.

And thank you God.

Popular posts from this blog

Why a gay Christian would transit from a liberal church to a conservative one

Why a gay person gets sad when attending traditional weddings

A response to an anthropologist