Encouraged by cell group

I was on my way to cell group (okay this doesn't have anything to do with why I was encouraged so if you're interested in that bit, skip to the next paragraph) and so I boarded a double decker bus. When I got on to the second level, I sat down, and across the aisle was a stunning Caucasian woman I'd never seen before. She was like a mix of Lee-Ann Rimes and Renée Zellweger in their earlier days. I tried to ignore her but couldn't help but keep stealing glances at her. She was absolutely a delight to look at. Then I alighted. Kinda anticlimactic, I know. But such is life. 

In other news, cell group today was really encouraging. The bit that got me the most was the part where my cell leader preached on self-control. 

Here's the relevant verse: 

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. (I Corinthians 9:24-27 NKJV)

This is something that I need to work on in my life. In many different areas, one of which is - my eating habits. I often eat out of stress and this week was no different. I exceeded my calorie intake on myfitnesspal for at least 3 days. Gotta work on this.

One last thing. Christopher Yuan is coming to speak in Singapore next week and I'm frustrated that I'm unable to hear him speak. The talk I'm most interested to listen to is one titled "Homosexuality and Hermeneutics". He's a bible scholar teaching in a seminary and I'd wished to hear him talk about the clobber passages. Guess I'll have to settle for notes from my friend then. 

That's all for today folks. 

Popular posts from this blog

Why a gay Christian would transit from a liberal church to a conservative one

Why a gay person gets sad when attending traditional weddings