Valentine's Day

What's wrong with being single at 28?

"Unless marriage is something you long for, I suppose there's nothing wrong with that," I hear you say. 

I bring this up because a married couple came up this Valentine's weekend to share their testimony on how they met in church. And the guy was lamenting how he was still single and unmarried at 28. The testimony was probably aimed at singles out there to encourage them to step out of their comfort zones when seeking a mate. They have good intentions yes, but it mildly disturbed me.

Is marriage the ultimate aim of every Christian? Does it equate to greater holiness? I don't know the answer to that. 

I just bought Eve Tushnet's "Gay and Catholic" because I've heard so many good things about it and in it, she talks about living out a gay and chaste vocation that need not necessarily be lonely. And if I don't get married to a guy (says this girl who's gay with bisexual tendencies) I would seek to live a life like Eve's. But I shall refrain from further comment until I've finished reading it. 

Meanwhile, back to my book...

Popular posts from this blog

Why a gay Christian would transit from a liberal church to a conservative one

Why a gay person gets sad when attending traditional weddings