Sometimes I regret coming out

Not all the time. Just sometimes. Especially to my sister. Because every time I try to bring up the topic, she brushes it aside. And I end up not being able to tell her a lot of things that I wish I could share openly and honestly with her.

All these thoughts stirred within me as I read how about a transgender guy regretted coming out to his parents. It's a good read and shares with one all the reasons you might want to be careful who you come out to.

Don't get me wrong. I think that in specific situations, coming out is great, but choosing the right person is vital too. Some people just can't handle too much information, and life would be saner for you, and for him/her if they didn't know.

It's a long but very good read. 

Popular posts from this blog

Why a gay Christian would transit from a liberal church to a conservative one

Why a gay person gets sad when attending traditional weddings

A response to an anthropologist